Terms and Conditions - govroam
The Wi-Fi Service is provided by East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust for use by partner edurom organisations of the Trust to access the internet.
This service is provided without warranty or user device support. Use is uncontrolled and you may experience congestion and slow performance at peak times. The Wi-Fi is provided without encryption and is not classified as a secure means of access. Users should therefore be aware that they are accessing this wireless network at their own risk.
Users of the Wifi network shall recognise that the Internet is unregulated and everyone can have access to ideas, images, information and comment for which East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust can take no responsibility. Because of this access and because sites on the Internet change frequently and unpredictably, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust cannot protect you from information and images that you may find offensive or disturbing. East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust cannot guarantee that you or children under your care will not be exposed to illegal or harmful material. You are reminded that the Wi-Fi on which you can access the Internet is shared by users of all ages, backgrounds and sensibilities. You are required not to access, create or send images or other material that may offend others. All persons accessing the Wi-Fi shall note that all access is recorded and logs may be requested from law enforcement agencies.
In particular users of the Wi-Fi network shall not:
- Access any websites that contain material that is inappropriate (such material includes but is not limited to: criminal skills, terrorism, and obscene material);
- Access, create or publish material which causes annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to others;
- Infringe the intellectual property rights of another person; copy or modify copyright protected material without authorisation;
- Send unsolicited commercial or advertising material;
- Deliberately try to gain unauthorised access to facilities or services via East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust Wi-Fi connectivity;
- Use the Internet for unlawful or criminal activity, for example but not limited to: software and music piracy, terrorism or the sale of illegal drugs;
- Carry out any activity in breach of, or contrary to current legislation, statutory instruments or regulations, including but not limited to: The Computer Misuse Act (1990), The Data Protection Act (1998), the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (2000) and the Human Rights Act (1998);
- Violate the privacy or disrupt the use of others;
- Permit the display of offensive material in any publicly accessible area, which includes a computer monitor or a public printer, is strictly prohibited;
- Use this Wi-Fi service for commercial gain. This is strictly prohibited, please contact us if you have a need.
If East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust finds you are breaking the terms of this notice, it will withdraw your right to use the service and future access may be denied. East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust may also take legal action if this is considered necessary. East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust may also pass personal information to law enforcement authorities where this is appropriate.
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for the loss, misuse or theft of any information, passwords or other data transmitted by users.
Users of the Wi-Fi service are advised to ensure all access by minors is supervised by a parent, guardian or responsible adult, as East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust is unable to ensure that all unsuitable material is filtered on the Wi-Fi. It is the responsibility of the user of the Wi-Fi to ensure they have suitable filtering and monitoring systems installed on their devices.
Any devices which are network intrusive and could potentially interrupt network services, or change the East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust topology in any way, are prohibited from accessing the Wi-Fi. Prohibited devices include but are not limited to port splitters, hubs, switches, routers, wireless access points, multi-homed PC's and packet/data monitoring equipment/software.